Check Out These 10 Fantastic Wix Alternatives to Create Amazing Websites!
Wix is a popular choice among website and landing page creators for its user-friendly platform that eliminates the need for technical know-how, allowing developers to focus on crafting visually appealing websites that leave a lasting impression on clients.
However, it's always good to consider your options and explore what else is available on the market. Check out these ten fantastic Wix alternatives to create a website with more features and better customization.
Weebly is a well-known alternative to Wix and provides numerous features for fast and effortless creation of a professional website. It features a user-friendly drag-and-drop editor, a variety of customizable templates, and the option for adding custom code for more experienced users.
Weebly is an excellent choice for small businesses and personal websites, and it’s free to use.
Weebly also has a range of features to help you monetize your website, such as its integrated eCommerce tools to sell products online and support for Google Ads.
It also has a range of SEO tools to help you boost your website’s visibility in search engine results.
- Free: This plan includes a Weebly.com subdomain, 500MB of storage, and access to basic design templates. It also includes Weebly branding on your site.
- Personal: This plan costs $6 per month and includes a custom domain, unlimited storage, and access to all design templates. It also includes Weebly branding on your site.
- Professional: This plan costs $12 per month and includes everything in the Connect plan, as well as the ability to use your own HTML/CSS and add a contact form to your site.
- Performance: This plan costs $26 per month and includes everything in the Pro plan, as well as advanced e-commerce features, such as tax and shipping calculators, inventory management, and the ability to accept credit card payments.
- Weebly is easy to use, making it an excellent option for users with little to no web design experience.
- The platform offers a variety of design templates to choose from, which you can easily customize to suit your needs.
- Weebly includes a built-in e-commerce platform that makes selling products or services on your site easy.
- The platform offers an integrated blog feature, which makes it easy to start and maintain a blog on your website.
- The drag and drop interface makes it easy for anyone to quickly and easily create a professional-looking website.
- Some users may find the design templates somewhat limited or basic compared to other website builders.
- Weebly offers less flexibility than some other website builders when it comes to customizing your site's design.
- The free plan includes Weebly branding on your site, which you can remove only with the paid plans.
- Weebly only allows you to use your own HTML and CSS if you upgrade to the Pro or Business plans.
- The e-commerce platform is limited in options and features, especially compared to more robust e-commerce platforms.
WordPress a content management system (CMS) that powers 43% of the websites on the internet, is a strong alternative to Wix. WordPress allows you to create powerful websites with ease. It has various features to help you create and customize your website, including a drag-and-drop page builder, custom themes, and advanced coding tools.
While it may have a steeper learning curve than some other website builders, the extensive plugin library and wide range of themes allow you to add more features to your website, such as eCommerce support, SEO tools, and analytics. This makes WordPress a strong choice for creating a unique and functional website.
WordPress is free, but users must pay for hosting and a domain name. Prices for hosting and domain names vary depending on the provider.
- Ease of use: WordPress is user-friendly. Users can easily use the platform with little or no technical expertise to create and manage a website.
- Flexibility: With a wide range of plugins and themes available, WordPress allows you to add almost any functionality to your website, such as e-commerce, social media integration, and more.
- Large community: WordPress has a large and active community of users and developers who contribute to the platform. Many resources, including forums, tutorials, and documentation, are available to help you learn and troubleshoot.
- Search engine friendly: WordPress is built with core components of SEO in mind, increasing the website's visibility on different search engines.
- Limited control: While WordPress is flexible, there are limits to the level of customization you can achieve. WordPress may not be the best option if you want complete control over your website's code and design.
- Security: WordPress is a popular platform, which makes it an attractive target for hackers. It's essential to keep your website up-to-date and to use a reliable hosting provider to mitigate security risks.
- Plugin compatibility: As WordPress updates its core software, sometimes the plugins or themes created by independent developers that are not actively maintained can break and need to be updated, which could cause some issues.
- Performance: Depending on how you customize your website, it can run slower, so you need to be aware of how many plugins you install and how you optimize the images and other elements.
Webflow is another powerful Wix alternative, offering a feature-rich website builder to create and personalize professional websites. It has an easy-to-use page editor, a range of customizable templates, and the ability to add custom code for more advanced users.
Webflow has many features to help you monetize your website, including eCommerce tools, advertising support, and SEO tools. It also has a range of analytics tools to help you track your website’s performance and get insights into your visitors.
Here are some of the pricing options for Webflow:
- Free plan: This plan has a visual editor, CMS, and hosting, but it has Webflow branding on your site and limits the number of pages and how much data you can use.
- Basic plan: This plan is $14/month and gives you extra features like custom code, more data usage and the option to use your own website name
- CMS plan: The Pro plan costs $23 per month, including additional features such as custom roles, password protection, and the ability to use custom scripts.
- Business plan: The Team plan starts at $39 per month, including additional features such as the ability to have multiple team members work on a project, project approval workflows, and the ability to assign specific roles to team members.
- Enterprise Plan: You’ll need to contact webflow for the price of their enterprise plan. This plan promises enterprise-level security, compliance, and scalability to your website.
- Webflow allows you to create responsive websites without writing code, making them accessible to users with little programming experience.
- The visual editor and CMS are intuitive and easy to use, allowing users to quickly change their websites.
- Webflow's hosting service is reliable, and its customer support team is responsive to any issues you might encounter.
- With Webflow, you can easily export your code and host it anywhere, unlike other website builders that lock you into their hosting.
- The pricing of Webflow can be on the higher side, especially for small or personal projects.
- Webflow is a powerful tool, but it's primarily designed for designers, making it difficult for developers to work with.
- Webflow doesn't have a built-in e-commerce solution. Creating an eCommerce website, for instance, may require additional time and cost.
- Webflow is a relatively new platform. So, they have a smaller community and fewer resources available compared to more established website builders like WordPress or Wix.
Shopify is an eCommerce platform that simplifies creating an online store. It has various features to help you quickly and easily create a professional website, including a page builder, customizable themes, and advanced coding tools.
Shopify has various features to help you manage your store, such as integrated payment processing, inventory management, and marketing tools. It also has a range of analytics tools to help you track your store’s performance and get insights into your customers.
Here's a breakdown of the pricing for Shopify:
- Basic Shopify: $24 per month, but you’ll get three months for $1.
- Shopify: $69 per month
- Advanced Shopify: $299 per month
Shopify provides secure hosting, a customizable website, and the power to sell unlimited products with all its plans. Shopify’s more expensive plans also include advanced reporting and the ability to create gift cards and professional reports.
You can also choose the Shopify Lite plan for $9/month if you already have a website and want to add e-commerce. It includes features for selling products on social media and a Buy button on your website. But it doesn't include a complete online store.
- User-friendly interface: Shopify is known for its easy-to-use interface, which makes it an excellent option for small business owners who may not have much experience with website building.
- Large app store: With thousands of apps to choose from, the Shopify app store offers ample opportunities to add extra functionality to your online store.
- Excellent customer support: Shopify provides 24/7 support through live chat, phone, and email, so you can get help whenever you need it.
- Multiple payment gateway options: Shopify supports many payment gateway options, such as Stripe, PayPal, and Square, so you can choose the one that works best for your business.
- Able to handle high traffic: Shopify is optimized for heavy traffic, making it an ideal choice for online stores anticipating high visitor volume.
- Limited design flexibility: While Shopify offers a variety of themes, you may find that the design options are limited compared to other website builders.
- Additional fees: While Shopify's monthly plans are reasonably priced, additional costs can add up quickly. For example, if you're using a third-party payment gateway, you'll be charged extra transaction fees, and some apps in the app store have additional charges.
- Limited control over certain features: While Shopify is an excellent option for small business owners, it may not be the best choice for larger businesses that need more control over their website's functionality
Webnode is a website builder that allows users to create a professional-looking website quickly and easily. It has a range of customizable templates and the ability to add custom code for more advanced users.
Webnode also has various features to help you monetize your website, such as integrated e-commerce tools and support for Google Ads. In addition, Webnode’s range of SEO tools helps boost your website’s visibility in search engine results.
Webnode offers several pricing plans, including a free one with a web address with the "webnode.com" domain, 500 MB storage, and 1 GB bandwidth. The free plan is great to use as a testing ground or to make simple websites.
However, if you want to use your domain name, upgrade to one of their paid plans starting from $4.90 per month.
- User-friendly interface: Webnode simplifies website building by being user-friendly, even for those with minimal technical expertise.
- Templates: Various templates help users quickly and easily create professional-looking websites.
- Customizable: Users can customize their websites by editing the templates and adding their own content.
- Multilingual: The platform is available in several languages, making it accessible to many users.
- E-commerce features: Webnode includes e-commerce features such as a shopping cart and support for multiple payment methods, allowing users to create online stores.
- Limited functionality: Webnode's functionality is limited compared to other website builders, which makes it less suitable for more advanced users or large websites.
- Limited design options: Some users may find the design options somewhat limited, making it difficult to create unique and custom websites.
- Limited features on the free plan: Free plan includes only the basic features and is not suitable for a business website
Jimdo is a website builder that doesn't require coding skills. Instead, it offers templates to create a website to fit your needs. You can add text, images and videos, customize design and layout, and monetize your website with features such as e-commerce tools, advertising support, SEO tools, and analytics to track performance and understand visitors.
Jimdo has several pricing plans for users, including free and several paid plans. The plans include:
- Play: This is free.
- Start: $9 per month.
- Grow: $15 per month.
- Unlimited: $39 per month.
- User-friendly interface that is easy to use, even for those without coding experience
- Wide range of templates to choose from
- Good range of e-commerce tools
- Affordable pricing
- Mobile Optimization
- Limited functionality compared to some other website builders
- The free plan has limited features and storage space
- Some users may find the templates to be basic
Site123 is a website builder with features to create and customize professional websites. It has a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface for easy content editing and various templates and features such as e-commerce integration. There’s even hosting and a custom domain name, making it an all-in-one solution for creating and publishing a website.
Site123 offers several pricing plans, including a free and paid plan ranging from $7.80 per month. The free plan is a good option for users who want to try the platform before committing to a paid plan. However, the free plan has some limitations, such as the Site123 branding on your website and limited storage and bandwidth.
- Easy to use: Site123 has a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to create a website, even for those with no coding or design experience.
- Affordable: Site123's pricing plans are relatively affordable, and the free plan is a good option for users who want to try the platform before committing to a paid plan.
- Hosting and domain name included: Site123 provides hosting services and allows users to connect a custom domain name to their website, which makes it a one-stop shop for creating and publishing a website.
- Limited customization: Site123's templates and features are limited, making it challenging to create a unique and customized website.
- Limited scalability: Site123 may not be suitable for users who want to create a complex or large website, as it may not have the flexibility and scalability that other platforms offer.
- Limited design control: Site123's drag-and-drop interface can be restrictive and not give you complete control of the design
Squarespace is a website builder and hosting platform that allows you to easily create and maintain professional-looking websites without extensive coding or design experience.
Squarespace also provides hosting and domain registration services, making it a one-stop shop for website creation and maintenance. Additionally, it provides analytics, SEO tools, email marketing, and other features to help you grow your online presence.
It is a very accessible solution for beginners and small business owners who want to create a website without having to know a lot of code, but at the same time, giving the capabilities of creating a complex website with different features such as e-commerce capabilities.
Squarespace offers several pricing plans for its website building and hosting services. The main plans include:
- Personal: Starting at $16 per month, this plan is intended for personal use, includes primary website building and hosting features, and a free domain name for a year.
- Business: Starting at $23 per month, this plan is intended for small business use and includes additional features such as selling products and services through an integrated e-commerce platform and analytics and marketing tools.
- Basic Commerce: Starting at $27 per month, this plan is intended for small to medium-sized businesses and includes additional features such as inventory and order management, abandoned cart recovery, and gift cards.
- Advanced Commerce: Starting at $47 per month, this plan is intended for larger businesses and includes additional features such as custom checkout, real-time carrier shipping, and advanced inventory and order management.
- User-friendly interface that doesn't require a lot of technical expertise
- High-quality and customizable templates for creating professional-looking websites
- Built-in analytics, SEO tools, and integrations with other services
- 24/7 customer support
- Good e-commerce functionality for businesses
- The platform can be limiting for users who want more advanced design and customization options
- The cost for some of the plans may be prohibitive for some small businesses, especially for advanced functionality
- Certain features, such as phone support, are only available on higher-priced plans
- Some users have reported difficulty with migrating their site to another host.
Ghost is an open-source blogging and content management platform that helps users create and manage a blog or website. It is built on Node.js and uses a modern, clean, responsive design.
There are two main ways to use Ghost: hosting it yourself or using Ghost's managed hosting service.
If you choose to host Ghost, you can download the software and run it on your own server. This option is free but requires technical knowledge and resources to set up and maintain. The main advantage of this approach is that you will have complete control over your installation, and you will be able to customize it to your needs.
If you choose to use Ghost's managed hosting service, Ghost will handle all the technical aspects of running the software. But this option is not free. Ghost has different pricing plans depending on your needs.
You can choose from several different plans, with prices starting at $9/month for the starter plan and going up to $199/month for the highest-end plan. This option is ideal for people who don't have the technical expertise or resources to host the software themselves, or for people who want a more hands-off approach to running their blog or website.
- Simple and minimalistic UI that makes it easy to use
- Good performance and fast page loading times
- Easy to customize and extend the platform through the use of templates and custom code
- It’s open-source, so it can be modified and adapted to specific use cases
- Requires technical knowledge to set up and maintain if you choose to host it yourself
- Managed hosting can be expensive, especially for high-traffic websites
- Not as many plugins and integrations as some other popular platforms
- Smaller community compared to other platforms, which can make finding help or solutions more difficult
Ghost is a powerful, lightweight, and user-friendly platform that can be an excellent choice for bloggers and other website owners. It's simple to use and has a modern, clean design that will make your content look great.
The main thing to consider is the cost and technical aspects if you need to host it yourself. If you don't have the resources or expertise, consider using Ghost's managed hosting service, which can make it easy to get started with the platform.
Limey can be an excellent alternative to Wix if you're looking to build one-page websites.
The beauty in going with something like Limey is that your pages will always be blazing fast. With some of the other Wix alternatives mentioned in this post, you'll need to troubleshoot and optimize to get to where a Limey page is straight out of the box.
You can connect to your Limey page a custom domain name, add forms to collect leads, and even use webhooks to integrate with services like Zapier and Make.
The best part?
You can integrate your Limey websites with Google Analytics or a service like Plausible for FREE. The use cases are endless.
Limey offers a free plan that allows you to publish up to three pages and paid plans starting at $5/month and going up to $25/month.
- Wide range of templates and design options
- A/B testing capability
- Suitable for those looking to create a landing page
- Limited to building landing pages only
- No website building or e-commerce capabilities
- Limited features on a free plan
When choosing a website or landing page builder, the cost is often a factor to consider. While some tools offer a free plan with basic features, others require a monthly or yearly subscription to access more advanced capabilities.
Our advice? Weigh the cost of your website or landing page. If you're looking to create a simple personal website, a free plan with a website builder like Weebly or Site123 might be sufficient.
When choosing a website or landing page builder, consider factors besides the cost. For example, if you're planning to launch an online store with many products and advanced e-commerce functionality, Shopify's more expensive plans might be worth the investment.
Further, think about the support options each platform offers. For example, consider a tool with a comprehensive knowledge base and a responsive customer support team when you’re starting in website building. However, for more experienced users, a tool with limited support options wouldn’t be a problem.
Design options and templates are also essential to consider. Choose a tool with many customization options and the ability to add your own code for specific design ideas. Select a tool with pre-designed templates and fewer customization options for a simple and professional-looking website or landing page.
Lastly, think about the SEO capabilities of each website or website builder. Then, select a tool that facilitates easy optimization of content for search engines to improve the website or landing page's search results ranking.
This might include features like customizable meta titles and descriptions, adding alt tags to images, and automatic sitemap generation.
Our Parting Advice
There are many alternatives to Wix to consider when creating a website or landing page. By weighing each tool's costs, support options, design options, and SEO capabilities, you can decide which one is right for you.
Whether you choose Wix or one of the other alternatives we've discussed, the most important thing is finding a tool that helps you bring your vision to life.
Pros and Cons of SEO: What Every Business Owner Should Know
Discover the pros and cons of SEO with WebLime. Learn about optimized websites, measuring results, costs, and valuable insights for businesses.
Check Out These 10 Fantastic Wix Alternatives to Create Amazing Websites!
10 user-friendly Wix alternatives that anyone can use. Compare platforms and figure out which plan is best for you!